Age Concern Birmingham (ACB) is a local charity, committed to the people and communities surrounding Birmingham. We started delivering services over 29 years ago and focus on excelling in meeting the needs of older people and others in need.
Services include but are not exclusive to:
- Operating 6 wellbeing centres providing day care and activities for older people and people with dementia.
- Managing two Community Centres offering activities for local residents, such as exercise classes, toddler groups, IT sessions, lunch clubs and much more.
- Domestic support and CQC registered domiciliary care to individuals in their own home via Jubilee Citizens UK.
- Carers Services and Respite support for carers.
- Advice and Information services, specialising in welfare benefits.
- Dedicated tradesperson and handyman service providing access to accredited local trade businesses to support independent living.
- Home visiting and telephoning befriending service for isolated people across Birmingham
- Community café hub where low cost quality food and drinks are offered in a supportive and friendly environment with a range of asset based activities, sessions and groups continually being developed and offered free of charge by volunteers and organisations who are supported if needed by the Age Concern Birmingham
To enrich the lives of older people and others in need through a range of services we offer.
To make a positive difference, adding value to people’s lives by offering services to promote wellbeing and independence.
- Everyone Counts
- Promote Wellbeing
- Work in partnership