Vocational Education and Training for Europe
The European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) an umbrella association gathering an heterogenous range of educational providers in the common interest of enhancing, upgrading and harmonising Vocational Education and Training (VET) at a European level.
Its mission lies in breaking down traditional hierarchies between VET and higher education and promoting the qualitative improvement of vocational schools and training and in promoting VET as a first choice. EVBB has more than 65 members coming both from the private and the public sector and covers all fields related to initial, advanced and further education and training.
Neither politically nor denominationally affiliated, EVBB strives for a borderless, pluralistic and fulfilling education as an essential means to shape our democracy and society. Its activities are not focused on business operations or making a profit. It serves solely and exclusively non-profit purposes within the meaning of the General Fiscal Law as it is valid in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Objectives and Duties
In accordance with its Articles of Association, the duty of the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training promotes youths and adults alike in the following areas:
- Scientific, technical and industrial training, with a specific focus on developing new environmental curricula and qualifications;
- Geriatric care, work with the disabled and nursing services;
- Lifelong learning training and continuing education;
- Refresher and advanced training;
- Media literacy and digital skills;
- Citizenship and critical thinking;
- Relational skills and value education.
EVBB members, executive committee, secretariat general and quality commission monitor EVBB office compliance with the above-mentioned duties and with the pursuit of the objective listed here below:
- Meeting the challenges within the domain of vocational training and encouraging the advancement of pan-European positions.
- Representing the common interests of its members and the European institutes in public and in front of national and supranational authorities, the European Parliament, the European Commission, European institutes and national institutes and authorities.
- Promoting cooperation among its members and encouraging networking and partnership between them, organizing vocational education in the member states and at a European level.
- Setting up binding quality criteria for the work in vocational education for its members.
- Organising national and international specialist conferences at which the future prospects for vocational education and training are developed, positions and points of view and the examples for successful projects in national or European policies are shared and showcased as good practice.
- Workshops, courses and seminars conducted within the scope of the EVBB’s own European projects and those of its members.
- Together with the Adalbert Kitsche Foundation, awarding the “DIE EUROPA” Prize for innovative projects to promote disadvantaged youths within the context of its annual international context.
Some key activities that have been with dealt with in EVBB projects are:
- Quality assurance in vocational education
- Promoting practical orientation in vocational education and training
- The integration of youth into society
- Initiatives against long-term unemployment
- Initiatives against youth unemployment
- European networks, cooperation and projects.
Information about APSS ČR:
Association of Social Care Providers of the Czech Republic (APSS ČR) was founded in 1991. It is the largest professional organization that associates social care providers in the Czech Republic – over 1100 organizations (2564 registered social services): residential and daily care homes for elderly, for people with disabilities and with special needs, homeless shelters, services for addicted people, daily centres for children and youth etc. Its main objective is development and improving the quality of social services.
APSS ČR represents and defends interests of its members, mediates and spreads abroad scientific and research knowledge into social care providers activities, passes home and foreign experiences, educates and informs. APSS ČR provides legal services, organises national and international congresses, professional conferences, educational programmes and campaigns. APSS ČR realized in the last 10 years up to 20 national and international projects with 10 European countries. APSS ČR publishes professional literature and specialized magazine “Sociální služby” (Social services).
Currently, APSS ČR has 19 permanent employees and more than 90 external lecturers and other staff. APSS ČR is also the biggest Educational Institution in the country. It is a member of European Ageing Network (EAN), European Social Network (ESN), Federation of European Social Employers and European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless (FEANTSA).
Link to the website: http://www.apsscr.cz/
Activities and experience – relevant for the project:
Association of Social Care Providers of the Czech Republic (APSS ČR) carries out a wide range of national and international projects and contracts, which is mainly improving the quality of social services, education of employees of member organizations, social dialogue and international cooperation. Since 2008, APSS ČR regularly organizes annual conferences of social service providers and in 2011 participated in the organization of the 12th European Congress of E.D.E. in Prague. APSS ČR places great emphasis on the training and education of staff working in social services. From 2010 was established Institute of Education, which is the biggest educational organizations in social services in the Czech Republic. Institute of Education offers 2 types of seminars - "open seminars" - 165 seminars per year and "turnkey seminars" - in 2018 - 485 seminars.